Postings to the B-List.
Subject: B-List: Better Late Than Never
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 07:29:42 +1030
1. "Woman takes 57 years to complete bachelor's degree"
< http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/WeirdNews/2002/12/18/7753-ap.html >
2. "Man, 103, marries girlfriend after 53 years together"
< http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_729539.html >
3. "Italian man offered job 22 years after applying"
< http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_704237.html >
4. "Streetsmart Yoyo bounces back"
< http://abc.net.au/news/newsitems/s756111.htm >
5. "Missing dog returns home after two years"
< http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_716646.html >
6. "Turtle comes home to roost after 4 years"
< http://abc.net.au/news/scitech/2003/01/item20030115083405_1.htm >
7. "Twin sisters reunited after checking into same hospital"
< http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_729400.html >
8. "Girl reunited with father after almost 22 years"
< http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_733050.html >
Subject: B-List: Scientifically Speaking
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 07:31:07 +1030
1. "Psychologist devises formula for happiness"
< http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_736605.html >
"Scientists Revise Equation for Happiness"
< http://www.studio8.net/Articles/happyequation.html >
2. "Mathematics unravels optimum way of shoe lacing"
< http://www.newscientist.com/news/news.jsp?id=ns99993136 >
3. "Professor finds perfect present wrapping formula"
< http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_730705.html >
4. "Scientists search for perfect pizza"
< http://www.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,5677409%5E13762,00.html >
"Cold pizza passes the taste test"
< http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk/scotland/692122.stm >
5. "Scientists find perfect formula for a cuppa"
< http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_693339.html >
"Chemists humour Orwell with tea"
< http://uk.news.yahoo.com/030108/80/di2v0.html >
6. "Scientists reveal world's funniest joke"
< http://abc.net.au/news/newsitems/s693001.htm >
7. "Centrefold models getting more androgynous"
< http://www.newscientist.com/news/news.jsp?id=ns99993204 >
8. "Sea birds drop radioactivity on land"
< http://www.newscientist.com/news/news.jsp?id=ns99993220 >
9. "Stone skimming formula adds new spin"
< http://www.newscientist.com/news/news.jsp?id=ns99992928 >
Albert Einstein's Theory of Relativity
In Words of Four Letters or Less
< http://www.muppetlabs.com/~breadbox/txt/al.html >
Subject: B-List: Fetchfido Games
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 07:45:08 +1030
< http://homepage.ntlworld.com/fetchfido/games/ >
"A great collection of free online Flash, Shockwave and Java Games."
They've got some classics:
Asteroids, Battleships, Bomberman, Donkey Kong, Frogger, Lunar lander,
Majong, Mastermind, Mini Put, Pacman, Poker, Yahtzee and 3D Pong.
Subject: B-List: Animals Behaving Badly
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 07:40:37 +1030
1. "Wild boars cause chaos in sports centre"
< http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_740274.html >
2. "Footballer's mare attacks his bride on wedding night"
< http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_737495.html >
3. "Parrot gives the bird"
< http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-12181072,00.html >
4. "Hunter becomes prey as eagle swoops on dog"
< http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_737672.html >
5. "Bitter-sweet victory for dog-bitten British golfer"
< http://abc.net.au/news/newsitems/s742748.htm >
6. "Dog crashes Johnny Vaughan's sports car"
< http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_731704.html >
7. "Cow found guilty of causing traffic accident"
< http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_723549.html >
8. "Wild pigs destroy crops and gardens in quiet Turkish village"
< http://abc.net.au/news/newsitems/s747384.htm >
Subject: B-List: The Name Game
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 07:44:07 +1030
1. "Weird names stars give their kids"
< http://entertainment.yahoo.com/entnews/ne/20021226/104091480004.html >
2. "Car crazy father names daughters after cars"
< http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_725405.html >
3. "Detroit auto show spotlights bizarre names"
< http://www.forbes.com/business/newswire/2003/01/07/rtr840166.html >
4. Classic Album Titles
< http://www.geocities.com/jt_ia/CPB/opinion/albumnames.html >
5. The Funny Song Title Awards
< http://www.csua.berkeley.edu/~lolly/pages/songname.html >
6. Long Song Titles
< http://www.stanford.edu/~calbear/longsong.html >
7. The Longest Place Name(s) in the World
< http://www.facstaff.bucknell.edu/rbeard/name.html >
8. Snow White's Seven Dwarfs
< http://arar.essortment.com/sevendwarfsnam_rygj.htm >
< http://home.swipnet.se/~w-10744/disneyania_e/dwarfnames.htm >
9. Santa's Reindeer
< http://www.blackdog.net/holiday/christmas/reindeer.html#java >
< http://www.canadianfamilies.ca/Reindeer.html >
Subject: B-List: WWWF Grudge Match
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 07:39:30 +1030
WWWF Grudge Match
< http://www.grudge-match.com/ >
Where famous identities are thrown into virtual combat against each
other. Commentators debate the prospects of each of the protagonists.
Then web site visitors have the opportunity to vote on who they think
would emerge victorious in the grudge match.
Catalogue of Past Grudge Matches
< http://www.grudge-match.com/History/index.html >
* Seinfeld gang vs Friends gang
< http://www.grudge-match.com/History/seinfeld_friends.shtml >
* Springfield (Simpsons) vs South Park
< http://www.grudge-match.com/History/springfield_southpark.shtml >
* The Brady Bunch vs The Partridge Family
< http://www.grudge-match.com/History/brady-partridge.shtml >
* Letterman vs Leno
< http://www.grudge-match.com/History/letterman-leno.shtml >
* Village People vs Spice Girls
< http://www.grudge-match.com/History/vp_sg.shtml >
* The Three Stooges vs The Marx Brothers
< http://www.grudge-match.com/History/stooge_marx.shtml >
* Captain Kirk vs Han Solo
< http://www.grudge-match.com/History/kirk-solo.shtml >
* Spock vs Data
< http://www.grudge-match.com/History/spock_data.shtml >
* Basil Fawlty vs Mr Bean
< http://www.grudge-match.com/History/basil-bean.shtml >
Grudge Match Stats
< http://www.grudge-match.com/Extras/stats.html >
* Top Vote Getting Matches In WWWF History
* Voting Records
* Commentator Standings
Subject: B-List: Arctic Images
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 09:41:48 +1030
It may be a holiday today, but after just enduring a 44° C day in
Adelaide last Saturday I think the following site is appropriate ...
< http://www.photography.is/ >
< http://www.photography.is/picture_gallery/Picture_gallery.htm >
There are several galleries: Hot, Cool, Pure, Green, Open and Light.
Obviously I've chosen to highlight some photos from the "Cool" gallery:
< http://www.photography.is/picture_gallery/Cool/cool_pages/pages/Gat-01.htm >
< http://www.photography.is/picture_gallery/Cool/cool_pages/pages/Hvannadalshnjukur.htm >
< http://www.photography.is/picture_gallery/Cool/cool_pages/pages/Ishellir.htm >
There's also a bit about the Northern Lights (aka Aurora Borealis)
< http://www.photography.is/Northern_Lights/Northern_Lights.html >
From the "Light" gallery:
< http://www.photography.is/picture_gallery/Light/light_pages/pages/Aurora_borealis-01.htm >
Subject: B-List: Odd Juxtapositions
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 07:52:44 +1030
1. "Pamela Anderson teaches Sunday school"
< http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=30297#1 >
2. "Record shop owner says he's gone off music"
< http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_729481.html >
3. "Petrol station employs robber as head of security"
< http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_736621.html >
4. "Python afraid of mice"
< http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_740398.html >
5. "New Study Reveals ... Cheating Makes Your Marriage Stronger"
< http://entertainment.yahoo.com/entnews/wwn/20021129/103858200006.html >
6. "Badly Drawn Boy tracks down Cheeky Girls"
< http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_730723.html >
7. "Microsoft fails Slammer's security test"
< http://news.com.com/2100-1001-982305.html >
Actually, this one is more like just desserts.
Subject: B-List: Monobrow.com
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 07:45:14 +1030
< http://monobrow.com/monobro/ >
At Monobrow.com, we don't view having one eyebrow as a grotesque,
freakish human deformity. On the contrary. We think you are special
(and not the kind of special where you wear a helmet.) The kind of
special where people look at the hairy, catipillar-like growth above
your eyes and say, "Oh my God! What the hell is that thing?" You're
not alone. Monobrow.com, celebrating the unity of your eyebrows.
* Mono Bro of the Week
* Mono Movies
* Mono Match (game)
* Mono Links