Postings to the B-List.
Subject: B-List: Museum of Depressionist Art, Gallery of the Unidentifiable
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 09:16:47 +0930
1. Museum of Depressionist Art
< http://www.dearauntnettie.com/museum/index.htm >
* "Self-portrait: Bad Hair Day"
< http://www.dearauntnettie.com/museum/museum-badhair.htm >
* "Moaner Lisa"
< http://www.dearauntnettie.com/museum/museum-moanerlisa.htm >
* "Road Rage, 1512"
< http://www.dearauntnettie.com/museum/museum-roadrage.htm >
* "Burger Wars: The Final Casualty"
< http://www.dearauntnettie.com/museum/museum-burgerwars.htm >
2. Gallery of the Unidentifiable
< http://www.dearauntnettie.com/gallery/index.htm >
* "Mortified Cat"
< http://www.dearauntnettie.com/gallery/museum-cat.htm >
* "Early Experiment with Genetic Engineering"
< http://www.dearauntnettie.com/gallery/museum-genetics.htm >
Subject: B-List: Recent Headlines
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 09:00:05 +0930
1. "Pimps and Gangs Subtracted From Math Test"
< http://www.reuters.com/news_article.jhtml?type=humannews&StoryID=1093072 >
You do the math:
'Rufus is a pimp for three girls. If the price is $65 per trick,
how many tricks per day must each girl turn to support Rufus' $800
per day crack habit?'
2. "Damn It! Cursing Is Good For You"
< http://www.weeklyworldnews.com/news/index.cfm?instanceid=36121 >
3. "He Can Only Do This Show Nine More Times..."
< http://www.reuters.com/news_article.jhtml?type=humannews&StoryID=1081023 >
4. "15 hurt in cheese roll"
< http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2002260134,00.html >
5. "Fire Station's Beer Machine Questioned"
< http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/wlwt/20020603/lo/1214749_1.html >
6. "Hmmmm... There Seems to Be a Pattern Here..."
< http://www.reuters.com/news_article.jhtml?type=humannews&StoryID=1052912 >
7. "British police hunt monkey burglar"
< http://abc.net.au/news/newsitems/s577619.htm >
8. "Where the Bullies Are..."
< http://www.reuters.com/news_article.jhtml?type=humannews&StoryID=1080955 >
9. "Time is money -- but how much?"
< http://www.reuters.co.uk/news_article.jhtml?type=humannews&StoryID=1022557 >
Discusses an on-line calculator which works out how much your time is
really worth. Unfortunately it assumes you live in the UK.
10. "Readers' choice as funniest movie title ..."
< http://www.suntimes.com/output/eb-feature/sho-sunday-ebert19b.html >
Subject: Anti-B-List: Shameless Plug
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 09:30:13 +0930
No you haven't been struck off the B-List. I just haven't been
sending out that many posts lately. I've been a bit busy putting
the finishing touches to my current project.
The site gets launched today. It's called "adengine", and it's
an on-line classified ads web site catering for the Adelaide
If you're interested in having a look, the URL is:
< http://www.adengine.com.au/ >
If you're not interested, I hope you excuse this blatant plug.
PS If you want to check out past B-List posts, I keep them
archived on my web site:
< http://homepage.mac.com/bruno_andrighetto/B-List/index.html >
Subject: B-List: Housing Ideas, Animal Houses
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 08:16:36 +0930
1. "Very Smart Appliances in Microsoft Futuristic Home"
< http://www.reuters.com/news_article.jhtml?type=technologynews&StoryID=1020369 >
2. "Live in a Former Toilet -- Only US$200,000"
< http://www.reuters.com/news_article.jhtml?type=humannews&StoryID=1030253 >
3. "Government plans to give away 'surplus' lighthouses"
< http://www.nandotimes.com/politics/story/427665p-3415409c.html >
4. "Teens' party at mansion causes $1 million in damages"
< http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0530partydamage30-ON.html >
5. "Stench leads to home with 500 animals inside"
< http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0531animalhouse31-ON.html >
Subject: B-List: Latest Gadgets
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 09:02:43 +0930
1. "Paper phone takes top prize"
< http://news.zdnet.co.uk/story/0,,t269-s2110754,00.html >
2. "Will 'Tooth Phone' Take Bite Out of Mobiles?"
< http://www.reuters.com/news_article.jhtml?type=technologynews&StoryID=1105673 >
New Scientist story, with picture
< http://www.newscientist.com/news/news.jsp?id=ns99992436 >
3. Treo 270 Communicator
< http://www.handspring.com/products/treo270/index.jhtml >
4. Sony Ericsson P800 (update)
< http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=P800 >
5. Ericsson CHA-30 Chatpen
< http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=ERIC_CHATPEN >
6. "Toshiba launches iPod competitor" (Gigabeat)
< http://maccentral.macworld.com/news/0206/18.toshiba.php >
7. Dana - PalmOS laptop
< http://www.alphasmart.com/products/dana_overview.html >
8. "Glasses Not Required: New software may bring 3D television into
your living room"
< http://www.technologyreview.com/articles/wo_cameron060502.asp >
9. "IBM puts new spin on nano-storage"
< http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1103-934825.html >
10. "MHI to produce first lifelike robotic fish available on market"
< http://www.mhi.co.jp/enews/e_0898.html >
Subject: B-List: Back to Work + Hold the Phone
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 09:09:10 +0930
1. "Power naps boost work performance"
< http://www.newscientist.com/news/news.jsp?id=ns99992328 >
2. "Secrets of the Office Restroom"
< http://www.reuters.com/news_article.jhtml?type=humannews&StoryID=1008573 >
3. "Get away from it all ... but keep in touch"
< http://careers.usatoday.com/service/isn/national/content/news/onthejob/2002-05-30-working-vacations >
4. "Being wired helps you connect"
< http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_2010000/2010672.stm >
5. "Bell cut off as phone inventor"
< http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2002/06/17/1023864404146.html >
US Congress declares that the telephone was not invented by A. G. Bell
after all, but rather by an Italian migrant, Antonio Meucci. Perhaps
he wanted to call home to see how things were going :)
Subject: B-List: The Case for the Empire
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 07:59:05 +0930
The Case for the Empire -
"Everything you think you know about Star Wars is wrong"
< http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/001/248ipzbt.asp >
"The deep lesson of Star Wars is that the Empire is good"
Subject: B-List: Got Milk?
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 08:13:01 +0930
Got Milk? Celebrity Ads
< http://www.whymilk.com/celebrities/ >
Famous for their ads featuring celebrities with milk moustaches.
* Everybody Loves Raymond cast
< http://www.whymilk.com/celebrities/raymond.htm >
* TV Moms
< http://www.whymilk.com/celebrities/tvmoms.htm >
* The Phantom
< http://www.whymilk.com/celebrities/phantom.htm >
< http://www.whymilk.com/celebrities/kiss.htm >
Got Milk? Make Your Own
< http://www.whymilk.com/fun/makeyourown/index.htm >