Whole Orange Cake
- 1 whole orange (about 200g), including peel and pulp
- 125g butter (melted)
- 75g ricotta
- ½ to 1 cup (raw) caster sugar - according to individual taste
- 2 eggs
- 1 cups plain flour
- icing sugar (for dusting)
- Preheat oven to 180°C (or 165°C fan-forced).
- Cut whole orange in half and then into eighths. Place in a food processor or blender and pulse until peel has been blended.
- Transfer blended orange in a mixing bowl. Add melted butter, caster sugar and ricotta. Mix then test for sweetness.
- Add lightly beaten eggs (with pinch of salt), one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add 1 cup of plain flour and mix.
- Spread cake mixture into greased baking tin.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until skewer comes out with only a few crumbs on it.
- When cake has cooled, dust lightly with sifted icing sugar.