White Chocolate Pistachio Cheesecake
- ½ cup (50g) biscuit crumbs (e.g. honey biscuits)
- 50g pistachios, ground
- 30g unsalted butter (or alternative), melted
- ½ teaspoon honey (optional)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 packet (250g) cream cheese, softened
- 100g ricotta (or greek yoghurt)
- 50g icing sugar
- 100g white chocolate, melted
- 50g pistachios, chopped or lightly ground
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 egg (or equivalent vegan egg replacer)
- (For baked version) Preheat oven to 140°C.
- Prepare crust: Combine biscuit crumbs, ground pistachios, butter, honey and cinnamon; press into prepared pan, and about 2cm up the sides. (Optional) Bake for 10 minutes or just until dry. Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Melt white chocolate using bain-marie method (i.e. over steaming water) or in a microwave and set aside to cool slightly.
- Combine cream cheese and icing sugar until blended. Add ricotta (or yoghurt) and stir until blended.
- Combine melted chocolate with cream cheese filling mixture and hand-mix until blended.
- Add remaining liquid ingredients (vanilla extract if using), then add egg (or replacement); mix just until blended.
- Roughly mix chopped or lightly ground pistachios into filling mixture, then pour into crust.
- (Optional) Baking is not strictly necessary, but will ensure chocolate is well-combined with rest of filling. Place pan in a larger baking tray part filled with water (i.e. a water bath). Bake 20 minutes or until centre is almost set (or skewer comes out clean if not concerned about cracking). Allow to cool.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm.
Partly based on: White Chocolate Pistachio Cheesecake at Jane's Patisserie