Peanut Butter Cookies (Vegan)
Makes about 24 biscuits.
- 1 flax egg: 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed/linseed plus 1 tablespoon water (or use an egg for non-vegan recipe)
- 1 cup (250g) creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup (200g) sugar (adjust for more or less sweetness)
- pinch of sea salt (optional)
- Arrange racks in upper and lower thirds of oven. Preheat to 180°C (or 165°C fan-forced).
- If using flax "egg", soak 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed in same amount of water for at least 15 minutes.
- Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat egg with a whisk in a medium bowl.
- Add sugar and beat until fully incorporated and smooth.
- Add peanut butter and sugar and mix until fully incorporated and smooth.
- Drop mounds of dough by the tablespoonful onto prepared baking sheets, spacing about 2 inches apart.
- Lightly press tops of cookies with tines of a fork, making a crosshatch pattern.
- Sprinkle with salt, if using.
- Bake cookies, rotating trays halfway through, until golden brown, 10–12 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack and let cool slightly.
based on: 3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies at epicurious