Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- ½ cup (110g) olive oil spread or butter
- ⅓ to ½ (65g to 100g) cup raw sugar
- up to ⅓ (50 to 60g) packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ (175g) cups all-purpose flour (or atta wholemeal flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups old-fashioned oats, plus more layered on top before baking
- ½ cup (80g) raisins (or sultanas, soaked in water)
- ½ cup coarsely chopped nuts (e.g. walnuts, pecans, cashews or almonds)
- In a large bowl, cream the spread/butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg, mixing well after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Add to creamed mixture, stirring just until combined.
- Stir in the oats, raisins and nuts if desired.
- Shape into 1 inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a greased glass bottom. Alternatively, roll out dough onto brownie tray and cut into pieces after baked and cooled.
- Bake at 180°C until golden brown, 10-11 minutes. Do not over-bake.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool.
based on: Oatmeal Raisin Cookies at Taste of Home