Mandarine, Lemon and Lime Citrus Cake
- 125g butter, cubed, at room temperature
- 120g to 160g (½ to ⅔ cup) caster sugar
- 60g ricotta
- 1 lime, rind finely grated, juiced
- 1 mandarine, rind finely grated, juiced
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 ¼ cups (190g) plain wholemeal flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 60g almond meal (lightly roasted, non-blanched)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 165°C.
- Use an electric beater to beat the butter, sugar, ricotta, lime rind, lemon rind and mandarine rind until pale and creamy.
- Add the eggs, beating well between each addition.
- Thoroughly mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and a pinch of salt.
- Stir in the flour, almond meal, milk and lime, lemon and mandarine juice.
- Spoon into the pan and smooth the surface.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Leave in the pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack over a baking tray.
(based on Mandarin and lime citrus cake at taste.com.au)