Chocolate Hazelnut Cheesecake with Ricotta
- 125g digestive biscuits
- 40g soft unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon Nutella or equivalent chocolate hazelnut spread
- 25g chopped toasted hazelnuts
- 150g Nutella or equivalent chocolate hazelnut spread
- 40g chopped toasted hazelnuts
- 1 packet (250g) cream cheese (Philadelphia Lite), softened
- 40g icing sugar, sifted
- 100g ricotta
- 20g cream
- 25g cornflour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup (75g) Nutella
- ⅛ cup (30ml) heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon liqueur or similar (optional)
- Prepare crust: Combine crumbled biscuits, butter, tablespoon of Nutella and 25g chopped toasted hazelnuts; press into prepared pan, and about ½ inch up the sides. Place in fridge to chill. Alternatively, bake for 10 minutes or just until dry. Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Beat filling ingredients (except toasted hazelnuts) in large bowl with mixer or using a spoon until blended.
- Pour filling into crust.
- (Optional) Prepare ganache topping: Bring cream to boil and pour over Nutella. Add sea salt and/or liqueur if desired. Whisk until smooth. Allow to cool and pour onto cheesecake.
- Sprinkle remaining toasted hazelnuts on top. Place in fridge for at least 4 hours (preferably overnight).
(based on Nigellissima p. 175, with additional ingredients and ganache)