Chocolate Espresso Cheesecake
For the crust:
- 1 cup (105g) biscuit crumbs (e.g. Granita or Digestives)
- 35g unsalted butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon honey (e.g. blue gum) or maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
For the filling:
- 1 packet (250g) cream cheese, softened
- 100g ricotta (more if you prefer)
- ½ cup (100g) raw caster sugar or brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 eggs (or equivalent vegan egg replacer if you prefer not using eggs)
- 105 grams semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- ¼ cup freshly brewed espresso (or two teaspoons instant coffee in ¼ cup water)
- Preheat (fan-forced) oven to 140°C.
- Prepare crust: Combine biscuit crumbs, butter, honey and cinnamon; press into prepared pan, and about 1" up the sides. (Optional) Bake for 10 minutes or just until dry. Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Beat filling ingredients (except eggs) in large bowl with mixer until blended. Add eggs; mix just until blended.
- Pour filling mixture into crust.
- (Optional) Place pan in a larger baking tray part filled with water (i.e. a water bath).
- Bake 40 minutes or until centre is almost set (or skewer comes out clean if not concerned about cracking). Allow to cool. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm.
based on: Delicious Chocolate Espresso Cheesecake at Food Contessa