Carrot and Almond Cake
- ⅔ cup canola oil
- ½ cup (raw) caster sugar
- 1 ½ cups grated (baby) carrot
- ½ cup almond meal
- 1 ¼ cups plain (or wholemeal) flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- 2 eggs
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C (or 165°C fan-forced).
- In a mixing bowl, thoroughly cream cooking oil and sugar.
- Add flour and remaining ingredients (except eggs), and beat together.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Spread cake mixture into greased baking tin.
- Bake for around 45 minutes, or until skewer comes out clean.