Banana Yoghurt Bread
- 2 to 3 very ripe bananas, peeled
- 75g melted butter
- 100g (about 4 dollops) of Greek yoghurt
- ½ cup skim milk
- ¾ cup (raw caster) sugar (½ cup if you would like it less sweet, 1 cup if more sweet)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ginger and/or cinnamon to taste
- 1¾ cups of all-purpose (wholemeal) flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C (or 165°C fan-forced), and butter a 4x8-inch loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until completely smooth. Stir the melted butter into the mashed bananas.
- Thoroughly mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and a pinch of salt.
- Mix in the sugar, greek yoghurt, beaten egg, and vanilla extract. Mix in 1 cup of flour. Add milk to mixture. Add rest of flour.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour at 165°C, or until a tester inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool completely on a rack. Remove the banana bread from the pan.