- 125g butter (melted)
- ½ cup (raw) caster sugar
- 2 small eggs
- 250g (2 cups) self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1x400g can of apple pie fruit
- cinnamon (for dusting)
- icing sugar (for dusting)
- Preheat oven to 180°C (or 165°C fan-forced).
- In a mixing bowl, thoroughly cream butter, caster sugar and vanilla.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add 1 cup of flour and beat.
- Dissolve bicarbonate of soda in milk and add to mixture, stirring in gently.
- Add remaining flour and mix well.
- Spread half of cake mixture into greased baking tin.
- Spoon in half of the apple pie fruit.
- Spread remaining cake mixture on top.
- Spoon in the remaining apple pie fruit on top.
- Bake for around 60 minutes, or until skewer comes out clean.
- When cake has cooled, sprinkle mixture of ground cinnamon and icing sugar.